Pavement Maintenance & Rehabilitation - Understanding & Evaluating Options
This practical course is primarily concerned with providing delegates with the knowledge, and practical understanding, to enable full evaluation of maintenance & rehabilitation options, and their most beneficial use. The importance, and types of maintenance, pavement distress modes and evaluation techniques are reviewed and preventative and periodic maintenance options will be fully explored and detailed.
Advice is given for the investigation of sealed road pavements, and for the selection and design of pavement strategies & treatments specifically for roads carrying normal loadings with a specific focus on flexible pavements. The course will cover the rehabilitation “strategy” involving scoping the project, investigation and evaluation of the existing pavement, development of treatment options and the selection and implementation of the most appropriate of these options.
Case studies are used throughout to facilitate practical learning.
- Review of Pavement Maintenance
- types, importance, objectives, pavement distress and modes & mechanisms
- Review of Pavement Evaluation Techniques
- purpose and methods
- Identification Causes and Treatment of Visual Distress
- Preventative & Periodic Maintenance
- types, benefits & case study
- Rehabilitation Treatments
- Thickness Design of Structured Overlays
- Pavement Testing
- Rehabilitation - Drainage
- Case Study and Discussion