Leading for Results - Online Course
IPWEA (NSW) Professional Development Workshop:
Leading for Results - Online Course - Four Sessions
This two-day Advanced Leader Development workshop is targeted at leaders whose aim is to lead and create outstanding, high-performing teams. They are the leaders who successfully use initiative and judgement in organising their own work and in the planning, evaluation and co-ordination of the work of their teams. They do this by being the leader who understands the impact emotional intelligence has in developing themselves as a leader and in developing the people they lead.
Designed for those leaders where it is important to:
- Achieve the very best results from their teams and themselves,
- Create strong relationships and strong teams,
- Deal with unpredictable problems as part of their job role,
- Be adaptable and self-regulated,
- Be highly effective as a leader who is constantly striving to be better,
- Understand the impact of their own emotions on others in the workplace,
- Recognise and appreciate the emotional strengths and weaknesses of others,
- Utilising emotional intelligence to maximise team outcomes
- Be an influencer of change and progress; and
- Lead with integrity, optimism, empathy, curiosity and passion.
By the end of this workshop attendees will:
- Understand the key features of emotional intelligence principles and strategies in the context of building highly effective workplace relationships and teams,
- Display a keen understanding of the relationship between the emotions that drive peoples’ behaviour and the impact those emotions – good or not so good – have on people, especially when under pressure to deliver on business objectives,
- Anticipate how people could react to situations and prepares for those reactions,
- Utilise key strategies for communicating with a diverse workforce which has varying cultural expressions of emotion,
- Demonstrate adaptability and self-regulation,
- Understand the importance of walking on their own path of continuous self-improvement, and
- Demonstrate control of their actions, reactions and emotions and avoid making rushed or highly emotional decisions.
Great leaders recognise the importance of understanding their own capacity to lead others - they are reflective and in-touch with their own ability to work well with others – to manage stress and to make the best decisions in even the most difficult of situations. They are able to distinguish between what is emotional information and what is fact, in order to give the right guidance to their thinking and leadership. They display an understanding and compassion for their individual team members as they lead them in achieving outstanding results.
INVITATION TO ATTEND: Engineers, Project Managers, Planners, Local Community Groups
Colin Emerson is a leader leadership and organisational strategist, educator and coach with over 36 years of leadership, business, government, banking, speaking, training and customer service experience. He holds an MBA, with a focus on leader and leadership development.
Colin has delivered over 1,000 seminars, speaking engagements and workshops for leading businesses, training institutions and local governments in Australia, New Zealand and USA. Since 2010, when he commenced working with IPWEA NSW, he has developed and delivered technical and leadership workshops for the local government, corporate and private civil construction sectors, including for some of Sydney’s current major civil projects.
The knowledge, experiences and professionalism gained in his 36 years of leading and managing organisations at a state or national level ensure that your training is not just theory; he shares his experiences that have been lived, good or not so good, and engages with your own experiences to ensure your learning outcomes are relevant, practical and useable when you return to the reality of your work world.
TIMES: Please register at the Workshop by 8.45 am on Day 1. The program will commence promptly at 9.00 am and finish at 5.00pm on Day 1. Day 2 begins at 9.00am and finishes at 5.00pm. Morning and afternoon teas and lunch provided on both days.
ACCOMMODATION: Overnight accommodation is not provided for Delegates. You will need to organize your own accommodation if required.
WHAT TO BRING: Notebook and pens (Course Workbooks provided).
It would be desirable if you brought your own laptops for the course. WIFI access will be provided.
We look forward to seeing you at the workshop.
Cancellations made by the registrant not less than 5 working days from commencement of the workshop/course will be able to transfer to the next available workshop/course or send a substitute.
A substitute delegate is allowable with written notification to firstname.lastname@example.org, no less than 3 working days prior to the workshop.
Cancellation or non-attendance by the registrant at an alternative workshop/course will see the full course fee applied with no refund.
Cancellations by the registrant made under 5 working days from the workshop/course commencement date or non-attendance on the day will see the full course rate applied with no refund.
If IPWEA NSW cancels a course for any reason 5 working days’ notice will be provided by phone or email.
Registrants will be able to transfer to another course or receive a full refund.
IPWEA NSW will not be liable for any associated costs to the registrant or their organisation that may arise from the cancellation of any training event. This includes travel costs and accommodation.