Heritage for Construction and Public Works Projects - 6 CPD - Oct 2021
This course will give an insight into the work of Heritage Consultants and how it fits into construction or public works projects; and will help your project minimise delays due to heritage considerations. Click here to view the agenda.
On completion of this course, participants will:
- consider how heritage can impact their projects
- see the value in heritage and why what they do w.r.t heritage is important
- will develop a broader idea of what heritage is
- will investigate the processes of heritage compliance in projects
- will learn about types of heritage reports and what heritage consultants do
- learn about community and agency consultation
- practice their skills in identifying heritage and object handling
- learn about the processes of unexpected finds
- learn about permits and avoiding delays
- develop strategies for mitigation like adaptive reuse and interpretation
- know where to find resources, companies and people who can help.
Training will be conducted in two sessions.
Day One: 9am - 12pm
Day Two: 9am - 12pm
A 10% discount is available for an organisation registering 5 or more employees, to access the discount please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The trainer for this workshop will be Alexandra Griffin, Senior Associate - Interpretation at Heritage Artefact.
Heritage Artefact is a leading provider of heritage maintenance and archaeological services, they are experts at balancing the need to respect and protect cultural heritage within the ongoing need for development.