Conduct Road Inspections - 4 CPD - July '21
This training focuses on the practise and application of asset inspection and defect identification principles. The training emphasises these principles while highlighting the importance of a safe system approach. The training covers defect types and intervention standards, risk management, and defect priority scoring system.
The goal of this training is to help participants identify and report road defects. The training is intended to give them the opportunity to practice defect recognition and prioritization while emphasizing a safe operating approach.
- Participants will be able to recognise the condition of road pavements.
- Participants will be able to determine risk factors in the road safety network.
- Participants will be able to identify and describe road defects from a visual examination.
At the end of this training, the participants should be able to:
- identify road and roadside asset defects
- report the road and roadside asset defects
- prepare a list of risks, controls, and mitigations for their daily inspection
- use risk evaluation rating chart to manage potential risks
- identify potential risk factors and risk-reduction strategies
- use defect priority score spreadsheet to determine defect number